RNAzol® BD is the most effective reagent for isolation of total RNA from whole blood, plasma or serum of human or animal origin. This patented reagent(1) employs an improved single-step method to provide the highest yield and purity of isolated RNA. RNAzol® BD isolates pure and undegraded RNA that is ready for RT-PCR without DNase treatment (2).
- RNAzol® RT isolates total RNA, or large RNA and small RNA in separate fractions. The large RNA fraction contains rRNA and mRNA. The small RNA fraction contains tRNA, small RNA and microRNA down to 10 bases.
- RNAzol® BD allows for the isolation of RNA and DNA from the same blood sample.
- The RNA isolation procedure can be completed in 1.5 hours and is performed at room temperature, including centrifugation steps.
- Typical yields provide 8 – 22 μg total RNA per 1ml of human blood.
- The isolated RNA is ready for RT-PCR, qRT-PCR, microarrays, poly A+ selection, northern blotting, RNase protection assay and other molecular biology applications.
- Due to the removal of impurities, the RNA pellets are smaller and solubilize more easily.
RNAzol® BD is used to isolate RNA from whole blood, plasma or serum. One milliliter is sufficient to process 0.5 ml of whole blood.
Catalog # RB 192
Available in These Volumes:
- 50 ml
- 100 ml
- 200 ml
- 500 ml
- US patents 7,794,932 and 8,367,817. International patents.
- Chomczynski, P. et al. RNAzol® BD: A reagent for the effective isolation of RNA from whole blood. Nature Methods. May, 2013.